The City of Webster Groves is in the process of building the Aquatic Center master plan. The City has commissioned Counsilman-Hunsaker, an aquatic planning, and design firm, to lead our master plan process.
The City has gathered community feedback through a survey and two community meetings to help gain a better idea of what the community is looking for in the potential new facility that will last for the next 30 years. More than 1,000 individuals filled out the survey. These ideas along with feedback from shareholders provided input that helped shape three potential design concepts.
Counsilman-Hunsaker presented these concepts at a January 26 meeting.
- Concept 1: Includes a 6-lane, 25-yard lap/competition pool, a 4800 square foot recreational pool with zero-depth entry, a children's play feature, a waterslide tower with plunge area, and an open recreation area. This concept also includes shade structures and a pavilion.
- Concept 2: Includes an 8-lane, 25-yard lap. competition pool with a separate diving area, a 6876 square foot recreation pool with zero-depth entry, a children's play feature, a waterslide tower with a plunge area, floatable crossing activity, and a vortex. This concept also includes shade structures.
- Concept 3: Includes an 8-lane, 25-yard lap. competition pool with a separate diving area, a 7754 square foot recreational pool with zero-depth entry, a children's play feature, a waterslide tower with a plunge area, a lazy river, and an open swim area. This concept also includes shade structures.
During the meeting, the representative from Counsilman-Hunsaker also shared the results from the community survey. More than 59 percent of those surveyed were interested in hearing more about the possibility of adding an indoor pool to the Aquatic Center and a few options for indoor pool structures were presented. Below are the cost estimates and capacity for these concepts
|Concept 1||Concept 2||Concept 3||Enclosure for Lap Pool and New Support Spaces|
|Overall Project Cost||$6,489,972||$8,287,588||$9,634,077||$3,754,752|
Below is the timeline for this master plan process and potential pool renovation.
- March 2023 final draft Master Plan presentation
- Late Spring 2023 hire a design/build firm
- Late Fall 2023 finalize design plans and cost estimates
- Winter 2023-2024 provide information and education to residents to prepare for the vote
- April 2024 bond referendum
- If residents approve the bond issue for renovation construction on a new facility would begin fall of 2024
- Summer 2025 grand opening