- Boards and Commissions
- Charter Review Advisory Board
Charter Review Advisory Board
The Charter Review Advisory Board shall act in an advisory capacity to the Council in matters pertaining to the amendment of the Charter of the City.
The Board consists of nine members. They meet on call of the Chairperson.
The Webster Groves City Council appointed nine members and two alternate members at the September 20, 2022 meeting.
- Jeanne Kirkton, Chairperson
- Nicole Chaput. Vice-Chairperson
- Kyle Klemp, Secretary
- Tammy Behm
- Joseph Dugan
- John Eppers
- Jennifer Finney
- Matthew Hile
- Michael Yokley
- Paul Dribin - Alternate
- Melissa Johnson - Alternate
The Charter Review Advisory Board is currently seeking community opinions on whether any changes should be made to the Charter, such as:
- Should the City change to a ward system or stay with an at-large election of Council members?
- Should the City adjust compensation for the Mayor & Council?
- How many signatures should be required for voters to propose or reject an ordinance?
These questions and more are included in the Charter Review Advisory Board online survey which is now available. You can access the survey here:
The survey will be open through June 12.
View the Current City Charter
The current City Charter was adopted in 1954 and last amended, by vote of the residents of the City, in 2020.
Charter Review Ordered by Citizens
In April 2022, the resident of Webster Groves voted to require the City Council to constitute the Charter Review Advisory Board and propose amendments, if any, to the City Council.
The Charter Review Advisory Board will begin work in October, 2022 and is expected to work for a year with their suggestions presented to the Council in November of 2023. Council will consider the suggestions in December of 2023 and any items requiring a community vote will be submitted to the Election Board in 2024 for the April election of that year.
Contact the Board
To contact the Charter Review Advisory Board, please e-mail email@example.com.
View Agendas & Minutes
To view the Agendas & Minutes of the meetings, please visit this link. To view the YouTube recordings of previous meetings, please visit this link.
Attend a Meeting Virtually
To attend a meeting virtually, during the scheduled meeting time, please log into Zoom:
Webinar ID: 852 1731 7892
Information & Resources
- Charter Review Advisory Board Priority Submissions
- Charter Work in Progress
- Unresolved Charter Issues (Table)
- Department Locations
- Board & Commission Locations
- Municipal Election Votes Cast 2021-2022
- PowerPoint from 7/19 Informational Session
- Video of 7/19 Informational Session
- Link to download model city charter from National Civic League
- Missouri Municipal League Manual for Newly Elected Officials
- Options for Community Engagement
- DEI & Local Government: A presentation from Carter Hicks Carter
- City Charter Discussion - A presentation from Andrea Benjamin, PhD
- Where Turnout Matters: The Consequences of Uneven Turnout in City Politics
- Election information for City of Albany, CA
- Ranked Choice Voting in City of Takoma Park, MD
- Durham City Council Wards
- Elections in Easthampton, MA @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>