- Special Activity Permit
Special Activity Permit
What is a Special Activity?
A planned event, activity or temporary grouping of people that deviates from the normal land use that occurs on a site, that is conducted indoors or outdoors, on city owned or privately owned property, and interferes with the normal flow or regulation of pedestrian or vehicular traffic or parking; may require special city services, including but not limited to provision of barricades, refuse services, stages, special parking arrangements or special police services or protection.
How to Apply for a Special Activity Permit
Download the permit application and instructions here
Read all instructions and email the completed permit and background resources to firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of a Special Activity
- Bicycle Races
- Outdoor Music Concerts
- Sales or Promotional Events
- Marathons/Competitive Runs
- Outdoor Cultural/Community Events
- Public Speaking Events @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Examples of a Special Activity that do not require a permit:
Exceptions to the Special Activities Permit requirement include:
- Activities conducted by a governmental agency acting with the scope of its authority.
- Lawful picketing and free speech activities that do not involve the use of vehicles, animals, fireworks, sound equipment or lighting equipment.
- Any religious activity taking place on the premises approved and/or regularly used for religious purposes.
- Any event conducted by a local elementary school, middle school, high school, or college that is conducted on their own grounds and there will be no impact to traffic flow on surrounding public streets or pose a risk to public safety.
- Residential garage sales, yard sales, or small parties that do not impact the traffic flow on surrounding public or private streets or pose a risk to public safety. Neighborhood Block Parties should complete a Block Party Permit.
For More Information, contact:
Eric Peterson, Asst. City Manager/Director of Finance & Administration