- Five-Year Fiscal Plan
Five-Year Fiscal Plan
- General Fund
- Capital Improvement & Large Capital Asset Replacement Funds
- Park Improvement Fund
- Sewer Later Fund
- Stormwater Fund
- Street Improvement Fund
- Debt Service Fund
- Pension Fund
- Old Webster Business District
- Old Orchard Business District
- Crossroads Business District
- Document Download
The City of Webster Groves launched a new five-year fiscal plan as a forecasting tool in January of 2022. This tool provides policy-makers with an understanding of the impact of decisions in an immediate budget year on the future spending of the City. It also provides for a retroactive look at actual revenue collections and spending growth to inform the future forecast of the City.
The Five-Year Plan is built on using the average growth rate from Fiscal Years 2018 to 2023. Those growth rates for both revenue and expenditures are available in the Document Download tab in separate files.
The FIve-Year Fiscal Plan of the City is mandated by the City Council through their action on Resolution 2022-55 which can be found here. All current and former five year plan documents can be found in the Document Download tab.
Documents for Download
FY24 (July 2023 to June 2024) General Fund Five-Year Plan Documents - CURRENT
FY24 (July 2023 to June 2024) Other Funds Five-Year Plan Documents - CURRENT
FY23 (July 2022 to June 2023) Iterations of General Fund Five-Year Plan
FY22 (July 2021 to June 2022) Iterations of General Fund Five-Year Plan
GENERAL FUND STRUCTURAL DEFICIT
The City of Webster Groves currently operates with a structural deficit in the General Fund. A structural deficit exists where recurring expenditures are growing at a rate exceeding recurring revenue growth. The Five-Year Plan - Structural Deficit Indicator below shows the need for cost reductions and/or revenue increases to balance the budget. Continuing down, you can see the rate of growth for expenditures and revenues, which are not sustainable.
Average Rate of Growth For General Fund 5-year Plan, FY18-23
|FY24 Proposed Budget Update||2.9814%||3.1574%|
|FY23 Q2 Update||3.5236%||1.9801%|
|FY23 Q1 Update with FY22 Soft Close||3.4475%||2.1447%|
|Adopted FY23 Budget||3.5705%||1.1059%|
|Proposed FY 23 Budget||3.5705%||1.2127%|
The Indicator chart shows the five-year estimates in the following colors:
- Red - Expenditure past actuals and estimated growth derived from the average pace of growth from the past five years.
- Blue - Past year's revenue including transfers from other funds.
- Green - Past and estimated revenue in the General Fund as derived from the average pace of growth from the past five years.
- Yellow - A complete deficit reduction plan implementation of a $1M cut in expenditures and allowing no growth in future years.
- Orange - The implemented deficit reduction plan as of 01.14.23 and its effect on the future structural deficit.
For More Information, contact:
Assistant City Manager/Director of Finance & Administration